|Getting ready for the NYE celebrations! My look was SO last year though...|
As such, I feel that it's also a natural transition point to make some changes, and to work a bit on myself. I always feel a wonderful sense of renewal in the new year - the decorations come down, the apartment gets a good head-to-toe, I feel rested after the holidays to get to work again. So, today I will share with you MY BIG 2012 RESOLUTION LIST. By scribing it here, I am confident that I will feel guilty if I DON'T follow through, so perhaps that means I'll actually get some stuff done! Ha ha ha.
1. Try a new recipe at least twice a month - I know how this sounds. Look, I cook every day - I just tend to go recipe free for long periods at a time. I've realized that means I tend to stay in my comfort zone when things get busy, and trying out a new recipe - one that I actually follow and not just get the "gist" of - will force me to learn new techniques and try new flavour combinations! Yum yum.
2. Detoxify for a month - The holiday season is wonderful. Night after night there is party after party, so many things to celebrate and so many delicious foods to taste. This means that I need a break. No cocktails, elixirs, spirits, coolers, or wine for a month. Ahhh...
3. Less Dinners In Front of the TV. Okay, so by announcing this resolution I have also made a confession. We eat in front of the TV. A lot. At the end of a long day (which always is just one among a string of long days), it's nice to combine down time with meal time. What this means, however, is that TV time cuts into our catch up time, and I feel like I'm an undergrad student. So, since we will soon be a grown up married couple, we will make to keep TV dinners to three a week... Not so hard, right?!
4. Less iPhone - rather than reading a book as I attempt to nod off to sleep, I am in the habit of playing crosswords on my iPhone. And Bejeweled. And Zombiefarm. And... you get the idea. So, enough with the tiny screen! Enough with reaching for the telly every time I have a moment alone. I'm not banning my iPhone, I'm just weaning myself a bit.
5. Continue exercising. I don't really want to change anything here, just continue more of the same. I have signed up for another half-marathon (May 6) so that I have a goal to motivate myself towards. Conveniently, this falls three weeks before our wedding so I will be in tip-top shape for the big day. Tee hee hee.
6. Floss - I put this one last on the list pretty much every year... so far, minimal success... but hey, in the name of tradition, I will resolve to floss this year. At least more often...
Think I'll stick with 'em? Hold me to it, folks! Here are the resolutions, documented for all to see... maybe the pressure of posting them here will mean that I'll stick to them this year. After all, 2012 is a special one!
I would love to know your resolutions - leave me a comment. Perhaps I'll adopt some of your resolutions for myself, too - and I'll publish all the good ones!